Hello world! Hello world! ANSYS – Training on ANSYS Deisgn, Modeler & Fluent
ANSYS – Training on ANSYS Deisgn, Modeler & Fluent
To be recognized as a department of excellence by providing high quality mechanical engineering education, also contribute in research relevant to industry and society.
Imparting quality education to the students and enhancing their skills to make them competitive in industry. Establish centers of excellence and collaborate with R&D organizations to foster research activities. Collaborate with industries to provide solutions to identified problems. Promote entrepreneurship.
About the Department
The Department of Mechanical Engineering is a part of BLDEA’s V.P. Dr. P.G. Halakatti College of Engg. & Tech., Bijapur since its inception and was established in 1980 with intake strength of 40. In 1994, the programme was approved by AICTE for an intake strength of 60 (letter No. F. 41-43/B 111/RC-MB/93/16239) subsequently, the programme is approved every year. The Department has grown tremendously over the years and is now recognized as the major engineering department of the Institute with present intake strength of 180 and quality teaching and instruction at UG/PG level. This programme has been accredited by the National Board of Accreditation (NBA) for Engineering and Technology, New Delhi for a period of three years from 31st March, 2006 (letter No. F. No. NBA/ACCR-499/2004 Dated 07-04-2006). The Mechanical Engineering programme is reaccredited by NBA for period of three years from June 2015 to July 2018. The Department has strength of 48 multifaceted faculties and is homogeneous blend of experienced and junior faculty members. The average experience of teaching faculty is about 13 years. The department has enough infra-structure required to cater the needs of mechanical degree aspirants.
It is also one of the biggest departments of the institute with student strength of about 650. Department is committed to well being and all round the development of its students. The department currently runs one undergraduate programme.
- B.E (Mechanical Engineering)
Department has currently three masters Programme:
- M.Tech. (Machine Design)
- M.Tech. (Thermal Engineering)
- M.Tech. (Production Engineering and system Technology.(PEST)
The Department also offers M.Sc (Master of Science) by Research with more research content than course content. The Department is also recognized research Centre of VTU. Strength of the department lies in its Ph. D. programme with many research scholars pursuing the programme.
Department staff is specialized in terms of three groups,
- Mechanical Design group.
- Production & Industrial Engineering Group.
- Thermal Engineering Group.
The department has four Ph.D. Degree holders from Premier institutes of India with staff strength of 68 (48 Teaching and 20 non Teaching and other staff).
The department is well equipped with computational facilities and resources both in terms of hardware and software. Department has more than 150 computing systems and workstations loaded with high end software covering all areas of Mechanical Engineering.
Programme Educational Objectives
- Establish a successful career in Mechanical Engineering or related fields in industry and other organizations where an Engineering approach to problem solving is highly valued.
- Develop ability among students to synthesize data and technical concepts for application to product design.
- Contribute significantly in a multidisciplinary work environment with high ethical standards and with understanding of the role of Mechanical Engineering in economy and the environment.
- Excel in graduate study and research, reaching advanced degrees in engineering and related disciplines.
- Achieve success in professional development through life-long learning.
- An ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science, and principle of Mechanical Engineering
- An ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data
- An ability to design a mechanical system, mechanical component, or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability, and sustainability.
- An ability to function on multidisciplinary teams.
- An ability to identify, formulate, and solve mechanical engineering problems.
- An understanding of professional and ethical responsibility
- An ability to communicate effectively.
- The broad education necessary to understand the impact of mechanical engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental, and societal context.
- A recognition of the need for, and an ability to engage in life-long learning.
- A knowledge of contemporary issues.
- An ability to use the techniques, skills, and modern mechanical engineering tools necessary for engineering practice.