Department of Computer Applications (MCA) was established in the year 2000 with intake of 40, which runs a full-time three years master degree programme. The department is well established with independent classrooms and state-of-art laboratories.
Department consists of students activity club called VIVARDHANAM, which is organized by the students and for the students & coordinated by the staffs. VIVARDHANAM conducts programs like Aptitude test, Quiz, Debate competition, programming skill tests, Group Discussions etc. Department is also maintaining library comprising more than 180 books including international journals.
Dedicated and experienced teaching staffs are training the students. Three Faculty members are pursuing Ph.D. Our Faculty members are working towards Research programs and have published Papers in reputed international and national journals. Our Faculty motivates students to participate in extra curricular activities and co-curricular activities other than academics. Staff members of department have shown active participation in Karnataka State project like “Mahiti Sindhu”.
Students of the department are well placed in companies like Tech-Mahindra (formerly known as MBT), Satyam-Mahindra (formerly known as SATYAM), MindTree,Sankhya Labs, Siemens Technologies, HP, Robosoft, Sentinal etc. Department is proud of its alumni who are working in reputed organizations in India and abroad. Students have also participated in sports activities and they were awarded at university level competition
Opportunity Knocks only once we should be awake enough to grab the opportunity. I Prof. Girish Kulkarni (HOD MCA Dept) take this opportunity to welcome you all for the activity of filling up the KNOWLEDGE BIN
Get Wings To Fly Higher
To develop into academic excellence in the field of computer applications and research to produce competent professionals who can provide IT solutions to tackle the problems of society.
- To provide quality IT education to students who can excel in application development, research and higher education.
- To impart values to the students, focusing on their overall development to enable them to become successful professionals and entrepreneurs.
- A graduate will be able to deliver analytical, design and implementation skills in the field of software development which caters to various societal needs and real world problems.
- A graduate will actively involve himself/herself in the field of IT research and development activities and lifelong learning.
- A graduate will be successful IT professional to cater the needs of nation, society with high degree of moral and ethical standards.
- A graduate will possess team member, team leader and good entrepreneur qualities.
- A graduate will be successful professional din industry, government and academia.
- An ability to apply knowledge of mathematics computing and logical thinking in the field of software development.
- An ability to identify, analyze , formulate and design to address problem in the computing.
- To be able to devise novel algorithms and implementing using suitable programming language.
- An ability to troubleshoot & provide solutions to the complex problems with the concrete knowledge of computer fundamentals.
- To be able to adapt with emerging technologies and contemporary issues.
- To be able to effectively communicate and work as a team leader/member.
- An ability to exhibit Ethical, Social, Legal and Environmental responsibilities.
- An ability to involve in research & development activity to deliver maximum throughput towards growth of Country, Industry & Society.
- An ability to be competent enough to excel in state-of-art tools necessary for professional practice.
- An ability design & conduct experiments as well as to organize, analyze and interpret the data.
- An ability to appreciate importance of goal settings & eagerness to achieve the desired goal.