DEPARTMENT OF MANAGEMENT STUDIES (MBA)
Responding to an increasing demand for management professionals in the country & keeping in line with its stated goal of regularly adding new courses as a part of its 31-year growth, the institute V.P. Dr. P.G. Halakatti College of Engineering & Technology- Bijapur started Master of Business Administration (MBA) program in the year 2011. The Department is offering unique specializations in area of information system, production, other than conventional specializations i.e marketing, finance & HR. With the introduction of the programme, the institute extends its long years of expertise into the field of business administration in fulfilling its commitment to the business world and the society at large of developing professional managers with varied competencies and ethical values.
The department of management studies (MBA) imbibed the concept “education 2 enterprising”
with the major objectives of enterprise education are to develop enterprising people and inculcate an attitude of self-reliance using appropriate learning processes. Entrepreneurship education and training programs are aimed at stimulating entrepreneurship which may be defined as independent small business ownership or the development of opportunity-seeking managers within companies.
MBA program has all the ingredients of successful program such as a industry oriented curriculum, well qualified and dedicated faculty. The department possesses all the modern teaching aids with strong industrial linkage for training and placement.
LOCATION & INFRASTRUCTURE
The campus is situated in the heart of the city, the campus has modern infrastructure.
- Green campus sprawling over 20 acres of land
- State of art digital class rooms with modern teaching methodologies
- Spacious seminar hall with modern amenities.
- Well equipped computer lab
- Separate library enriched with latest books, magazines, national and international journals & e-journals
- Excellent facilities for sports and cultural activities
- Separate hostels for boys and girls
- Internet facility backed by 24 hours power supply
Key features of MBA @ V. P. Dr. P. G. Halakatti College of Engineering & Technology
- Affiliated to Visvesvaraya Technological University, Belgaum (VTU)
- Recognized by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE)
- Highly qualified, committed & experienced faculty as per AICTE/VTU norms
- Rigorous, contemporary & progressive curriculum
- A semester based modular approach to the learning process
- Project based training program which includes field based industry internship program and a dissertation
- Regular updating of elective courses to reflect the needs and trends of the industry
- Strong linkage with the industries and institutes for training and placement
Learning methodology is primarily practical in nature with a focus on application of concepts. The methodology includes:
- Interactive lectures
- Class room projects and exercises
- Case study pedagogy
- Class simulation and games
- Group presentations
- Industrial experts and guest lectures
- Activity based learning
- Video presentations
Candidates seeking admission to the MBA programme should have Bachelor’s Degree/Master Degree from recognized University, with a minimum of 50% marks (45% for SC/ST candidates) in aggregate. Further, wherever applicable, the minimum qualification shall be as per Government norms in the case of common Entrance Test (CET).
Students in their final year of graduation may also apply provided they meet the minimum scholastic record at the time of application. A high score in an All India Management Aptitude Test- PGCET/KMAT is must.
For Admission Contact:
Vachana Pitamaha Dr. P. G. Halakatti College of Engineering & Technology
(Affiliated to V.T.U Belgaum & Approved by A.I.C.T.E., New Delhi)
Ashram Road, Bijapur. 586103 (Karnataka)
Principal: :08352-262712 (O), 09845728646 (M)
Admission Co-Ordinator: : 08352-262927 (O), 09448336389 (M)