Hello world! Hello world!
About the Department
The Department of Mathematics came into existence in the year 1980 along with the institution itself to teach Mathematics for all engineering students. In the first year the department thought Engineering Mathematics to Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering and Electrical Engineering students. The number of students and the departments increased year after year, and now after its existence of over three and half decades, the department is involved with teaching activities for UG and PG and is a recognized research centre for doing Ph.D in Mathematics under VTU, the affiliating University. Under this research centre, faculty members are pursuing Ph.D and publishing research papers in referred journals. The department actively involved in PG teaching during the last 3 academic years. Beginning with a modest strength of two members in its first year of inception, the department has grown in strength and now boasts of having total ten (10) faculty members of which 4 faculty members are with Ph. D. degree and 4 faculties are pursuing their Ph.D. Every year department conducts mathematical events for first year B. E. students under Ganitoddeepini.
To be a trend setting department in technical education and research providing highly competent, efficient manpower to meet the ever changing needs of the country,industry and society.
To be an ideal department providing quality technical education and training to the students in tune with the evolving challenges and social needs through a flexible and innovative learning process enabling the students to excel in their professions and careers with high degree of integrity and ethical standards.
Program Educational Objectives
- A Graduate will be a successful IT professional and function effectively in multidisciplinary domains.
- A Graduate will have the perspective of lifelong learning for continuous improvement of knowledge, higher studies, and research.
- A Graduate will be able to respond to local, national and global issues by imparting his/her knowledge in Educational, Government, Financial and Public sectors.
- A Graduate will be able to function effectively as an individual, as a team member and as a team leader with highest professional and ethical standards.
- An ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, computer science and engineering.
- An ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data in computer science and engineering.
- An ability to design a computer based system, component, or product to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health, safety and sustainability.
- An ability to function as an individual and as a member or leader in diverse or multidisciplinary teams.
- An ability to identify, formulate and solve complex problems of computer science and engineering.
- An understanding of professional and ethical responsibility.
- Communicate effectively with various engineering communities, professional bodies and society at large.
- The broad education is necessary in computer science and engineering to apply management principles to solve complex engineering problem in a global, economic, environmental and societal context.
- A recognition of the needs, and an ability to engage in life-long learning in computer science and engineering.
- A knowledge of contemporary issues in computer science and engineering.
- An ability to use techniques, skills, and modern computer science and engineering tools necessary for engineering practice.