FDP -Research Literacy and Trends in Scholarly Communications
Creation and dissemination of knowledge through research is one of the core functions of the higher education institutions. Apart from generating new knowledge, engineering and technology institutions have the responsibility of developing technologies useful for mankind. Lack of adequate infrastructure, resource constraints, lack of motivation coupled with a few other factors results into low quality research. A synergised research and academics produce high quality manpower. This Faculty Development Programme is an effort to enrich engineers, architects and people involved in research and development activities including planners, decision makers, academicians and research scholars with research literacy in general and recent trends in scientific and technical communication in particular. The FDP aims to impart skills to handle different tools and technologies useful during entire process of research and scholarly communications.
MAIN THEME: “Research Literacy and Trends in Scholarly Communications”
Sub Topics :
- Topic Identification and Research Design
- Literature Review, Literature Search Tools: Databases, E-Books, E-Journals, ETDs, E-Reports, E-Standards, etc
- Academic and Technical Writing: Writing Synopsis, Dissertation, Theses, Research Article, Technical Report, Patent Drafting
- Authoring/Publishing Tools: Latex, M.S. Word,Media Wiki
- Citation Styles and Reference Tools – Mendeley, Endnote, Zotero
- Open Access Journals and Predatory Journals
- Research Quality Indicators (IF Value, Citations, h – Index, i10 Index) and Tools – Web of Science, Scopus and Google Scholar
- Choosing Journals for Publishing – SCImago Journals Ranking
- Preparing Project Proposal for Getting Funds
- Research Ethics and Compliance – Copyrights and Plagiarism
- Both the students and faculty would be motivated to pursue research.