Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering was established in the year 1983. It offers a B.E programme in E&C and one M.Tech program in DCN. It has dedicated faculty who interact closely with alumni in academia and industry to meet the aspirations of different stake holders. A number of joint publication of papers have resulted out of these interactions.
To be a centre for excellence in technical education and research in the field of electronics and communication to meet ever-changing needs of the society.
To enhance and promote the potential of a student by providing technical education, training and professional ethics in tune with their Professional success, leading to innovation and entrepreneurship.
TEACHING FACULTY OF ELECTRONICS & COMMUNICATION ENGINEERING
Programme Outcomes (POs)
- An ability to design and conduct experiments as well as to analyze and interpret data.
- An ability to design a system, component or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, ethical, manufacturability and sustainability.
- An ability to function on multi-disciplinary teams.
- An ability to identify, formulate and solve electronics and communication engineering related problems.
- An understanding of professional and ethical responsibility.
- An ability to communicate effectively.
- An ability to understand the impact of electronics and communication engineering solution in economic, environmental and societal context.
- An ability to engage in lifelong learning.
- A knowledge of the contemporary issues in electronics and communication engineering.
- An ability to use the techniques, skills and modern engineering tools necessary for Electronics & Communication engineering practices.
- An ability to understand project management and finance.
Programme Specific Outcomes (PSOs)
ECE graduates will be able to:
- Analyse and design analog and digital circuits or systems for a given specification and function.
- Implement functional blocks of hardware- software code designs for signal processing, communication, VLSI and embedded systems applications.
Research Publications of E&C Department
|1||Grading of Brain Tumors by Mining MRS Spectrums Using LabVIEW.||Gonal, J.S. and Kohir, V.V.||E & C||Open Journal of Medical Imaging||2017|
|2||Morphological Segmentation of the Brain Tumors using LabVIEW||Jayalaxmi S. Gonal, Vinayadatt V. Kohir||E & C||CiiT International Journal of Digital Signal Processing, Vol 7, No 5, May 2015.||2015|
|3||Automatic Detection And Segmentation Of Brain Tumors And Necrosis Using Binary Morphological Level Sets Integrated With Bounding Box||J. S. Gonal And V. V. Kohir||E & C||International Journal of Computer Engineering and Applications, Volume IX, Issue VII, 2015||2015|
|4||Automatic Detection and Segmentation of Brain Tumors using Binary Morphological Level Sets with Bounding Box||Jayalaxmi S. Gonal, Vinayadatt V. Kohir||E & C||Academic Journal, International Proceedings of Chemical, Biological Environmenta; Vol. 56, p37, ACCESSION #97510257||2013|
|5||Signature Based Document Image Retrieval System||Umesh D. Dixit and M. S. Shirdhonkar||E & C||IJIGSP||2017||2074-9082|
|6||Linear Transmit Receive Strategies for multiuser MIMO wireless Communication||T.Y.Melligeri||E & C||IRJET||2017||2395-0072|
|7||Hybrid Approach tosolve the problem of papr in ofdm signal||T.Y.Melligeri||E & C||IRJET||2016||2319-1163|
|8||Energy efficient and throughput enhancement using network coding in MANET : asurvey||Mr.Abid H.Sayed||E & C||IJEECS||Abid h syed||2017|
|9||Reconfigurable Patch Antenna for Software Defined Radio Application||S N Patil, Prof. P.V.Hungund, Prof. R.M.Vani, Ravi M. Hatti||E & C||International Journal of Electronics Engineering Research © Research India Publications||Volume 9, Number 4 (2017) , pp-517-525||0975-6450|
|10||Implementation of novel hybrid solar and sound energy system||Reena Garasangi, Rashmi Pawar, Vijaykumar Sajjanar||E & C||INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF LATEST TRENDS IN ENGINEERING AND TECHNOLOGY||2016||2319-3778|
|11||Analysis of clustering algorithms for data mangement in sensor cloud||D.I.Hatti||E & C||IRJET||2015||2395-0056|
|12||Smart Home System using Internet of Things over WiFi||Shilpa Patil||E & C||IJLTEMAS||2017||2278-2540|
|13||An Event based Target Localization System for WSN’s||Shilpa Patil||E & C||IJIRST||2016||2349-6010|
|Mrs. S. C. Awati||Diploma|
|Mr. S. N. Kugnoor||B.Sc, M.B.A|
|Mrs. D. B. Patil||Diploma|
|Mr. M. S. Doddamani||Diploma|
|Mrs. B. R. Patil||Diploma|