Department of Civil Engineering
Prof.(Mrs.) Shridevi. S. Angadi
Professor & HOD
Department of Civil Engineering,
B.L.D.E.A.’S V.P. Dr. P.G. Halakatti College of Engineering and Technology, Bijapur-586 103
Ph. 08352-265385, Fax-08352-262945 Mobile- +91 94488 16906
- The Department of civil engineering has been in existence since the inception of BLDEA’s College of Engineering & Technology in 1980 with intake strength of 40 and has grown to a full fledged department and recognised as the major engineering department of the institute with present intake strength of 60 in the regular course and 60 in the shift course,Post graduate programme i.e. M.Tech in Structural Engineering in 1989 with intake of 10 and the present intake is 18.
- The Department has well experienced & highly qualified technical and non technical teaching staff members for the smooth conduct of courses,The department has two faculty members with Ph.D and ten of our faculty members are perusing Ph.D.
- The Department has been recognised as a research centre by Visvesvaraya Technological University in the year 2007 to offer Ph.D. & M.Sc.Engg.(by Research) Programmes and recieves research grant of 13.37 Lakhs. The Department also receives grants from AICTE under MODROBS for Structural Engineering Laboratory of Rs.14.48 Lakhs & also receives funds from KSCST for the projects undertaken at UG level.
- The Department undertakes various consultancy projects from Govt.,Semi-Govt.,Private sectors,the consultancy work done by the department is highly remunerative,generating good revenue to the college every year and the same is utilised for the development of the department.
- The Department has Library with sufficient number of reference books and text books.The Department library has received grants of Rs.1 Lakh under National Programme on Earthquake Engineering Education (NPEEE) in October 2004.
- The Department has been Accredited by NBA for Engineering & Technology,New Delhi for a period of three years from 10th August 2005.
- The Department is engaged in regular conduct of seminars,Short term Courses,National level Tech Fest & FDP programmes.
- All the staff members of our department are active members of Anti Ragging committee- Flying Squad.
- The students of our department are well placed in the reputed & emerging industries and some are showing their excellence by continuing their career skills in higher studies & Research activities.
- Students are motivated to excel in their studies through regular counselling process.
- Every year guest lectures and Industrial visits are organised for students to build their capabilities and to cater the needs of industries.
- The students of our department are active members of Civil Engineering Association and bring out a news letter ‘Shrusti” and Technical magazine “C-Tech” Every year covering all the activities of the department.
- The students of our department are the members of Indian Society for Technical Education.
- The Department has internet facility for the students which is beneficial for them to browse paid journals for literature’s.
- The students of our department are actively involved in the sports at Zonal Level and have represented as University Blues.
- The Alumni of the department are well placed in different fields of Civil Engineering in INDIA and abroad who regularly interact with students by sharing their views and experience in the Alumni meet.
- The Department has well equipped laboratory facilities.Concrete and Highway Materials Lab has been recognised and approved by South Western Railway for testing track ballast in the year 2000 and Environmental Engineering Laboratory is also recognised as water quality analysis Lab by Karnataka water supply and sanitary agency,Govt.of Karnataka in the year 2002.