WELCOME TO CIVIL ENGINEERING DEPARTMENT
To be a trend setting department in Technical Education and Research, providing highly competent, efficient manpower to meet the ever changing needs of the country, industry and the society.
To be an ideal department providing quality Technical Education and Training to students in tune with the evolving challenges and social needs through a flexible and innovative learning process, enabling the students to excel in their professions and careers with a high degree of integrity and ethical standards.
About the Department:
- The Department of Civil Engineering is one of the oldest branch,established in the year 1980.
- The Civil Engineering department has Full Time Under Graduate Programme of 4 years(8 semesters) (Regular and Shift with intake of 60 Each).It has Post graduate (Structures) course with intake of 18 .
- The Department has been recognised by VTU as a research centre in the year 2007-08 to offer Ph.D. and M.Sc.Engg.(By Research) Programmes.
- The department has well qualified experienced senior and enthusiastic, active young staff. The average teaching experience of teaching staff is 14.65.
- The department has two faculty members with PhD and Ten of our faculty members are pursuing PhD work.It also has well trained technical supporting staff members.
- The department has been accredited by NBA ,New Delhi for a period of 3 years from 10th August 2005.
- Various activities like AICTE-ISTE sponsored STTP, faculty development programs, seminars, workshops & guest lectures are conducted regularly.
- The department also receives grants from AICTE under MODROBS.
- It also offers consultancy and materials testing to private & Govt. organisations and is highly remunerative, generating good revenue to the college every year and the same is utilised for the development of department.
- It is a matter of pride that the department is associated in planning, design and estimation of filling of Minor irrigation tanks of Bijapur and Bagalkot Districts
Program Educational Objectives:
- A Graduate will be a successful IT professional and function effectively in multidisciplinary domains.
- A Graduate will have the perspective of lifelong learning for continuous improvement of knowledge, higher studies, and research.
- A Graduate will be able to respond to local, national and global issues by imparting his/her knowledge in Educational, Government, Financial and Public sectors.
- A Graduate will be able to function effectively as an individual, as a team member and as a team leader with highest professional and ethical standards.
- An ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, computer science and engineering.
- An ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyse and interpret data in computer science and engineering.
- An ability to design a computer based system, component, or product to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health, safety and sustainability.
- An ability to function as an individual and as a member or leader in diverse or multidisciplinary teams.
- An ability to identify, formulate and solve complex problems of computer science and engineering.
- An understanding of professional and ethical responsibility.
- Communicate effectively with various engineering communities, professional bodies and society at large.
- The broad education is necessary in computer science and engineering to apply management principles to solve complex engineering problem in a global, economic, environmental and societal context.
- A recognition of the needs, and an ability to engage in life-long learning in computer science and engineering.
- A knowledge of contemporary issues in computer science and engineering.
- An ability to use techniques, skills, and modern computer science and engineering tools necessary for engineering practice.