WELCOME TO CIVIL ENGINEERING DEPARTMENT
To emerge as the premier department in Technical education and Research, to meet the infrastructural needs and challenges of the Society.
To impart technical education to students by adopting innovative teaching/learning processes and fostering soft skills for leading successful career.
To develop students tendency for innovation, leadership and aptitude to solve social concerns ethically through curriculum, reinforced with co and extra-curricular activities.
About the Department:
- The Department of Civil Engineering is one of the oldest branch,established in the year 1980.
- The Civil Engineering department has Full Time Under Graduate Programme of 4 years(8 semesters) (Regular and Shift with intake of 60 Each).It has Post graduate (Structures) course with intake of 18 .
- The Department has been recognised by VTU as a research centre in the year 2007-08 to offer Ph.D. and M.Sc.Engg.(By Research) Programmes.
- The department has well qualified experienced senior and enthusiastic, active young staff. The average teaching experience of teaching staff is 14.65.
- The department has two faculty members with PhD and Ten of our faculty members are pursuing PhD work.It also has well trained technical supporting staff members.
- The department has been accredited by NBA ,New Delhi for a period of 3 years from 10th August 2005.
- Various activities like AICTE-ISTE sponsored STTP, faculty development programs, seminars, workshops & guest lectures are conducted regularly.
- The department also receives grants from AICTE under MODROBS.
- It also offers consultancy and materials testing to private & Govt. organisations and is highly remunerative, generating good revenue to the college every year and the same is utilised for the development of department.
- It is a matter of pride that the department is associated in planning, design and estimation of filling of Minor irrigation tanks of Bijapur and Bagalkot Districts
Program Educational Objectives (PEO’s) :
- Graduates will analyze, design and execute civil engineering projects by applying principles of science and engineering.
- Graduates will be actively engaged in higher studies and research work.
- Graduates will be leaders in their chosen profession and personal endeavors.
- Graduates will be able to solve the engineering problems that account for economical, environmental, ethical and societal considerations by engaging in lifelong learning.
Program Specific Outcomes (PSO) :
By the time of graduation, Civil Engineering students can
- Apply knowledge of mathematics, science and basics of engineering science in professional career.
- Practice in the core areas of civil engineering and conduct laboratory and field tests.
- Analyze and Design a component, system or establish process in civil engineering.
- Build the managerial and professional skills in executing the engineering projects addressing the social concerns.
Program Outcomes (POs) :
Engineering Graduates will be able to:
- Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Conduct investigations of complex problems: : Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.